Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone have any good recipes for crawfish? I just got a trap and I need to know how to cook them before I go out and catch them.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone have any good recipes for crawfish? I just got a trap and I need to know how to cook them before I go out and catch them.

Anyone have any good recipes for crawfish? I just got a trap and I need to know how to cook them before I go out and catch them. Also, what are your favorite trout and panfish recipes???

Trout- now I can throw an answer out there for that one. I like to take a nice 10-whatever inch trout. Mix up a can of real crab meat, italian bread crumbs, butter, and an egg (get a nice blob that holds together well) and stuff that whole, gutted trout with that and wrap in tin foil and throw on the grill until the meat flakes away from the bone (probably 15min).

Comment

My favorite way for trout, or at least until I try matouse3's recipe, is to scale and gut, remove the head, and then put a pat of butter, salt, and lemon pepper in the body cavity, wrap in foil, and bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes. As to crayfish, go to Alton Brown's website from the Food Network. He just did a segment on crayfish a week or so ago, doing them much like low country boil. He was doing real well with me until he started sucking the stuff out of their heads. I then lost interest.

Comment

Haha thanks 007 and matouse3, I will definitely have to try those recipes they sond delicious

Comment

Crawdads are good any way you cook them. Usually boiled and lots of beer on the side. Now my question, what are you going to put in your trap to draw them in? I don't recognize your name so you must be new. That's good, welcome. Go back and read others posts and I gave an excellent bait. If you can't find it let me know.

Comment

Boiled with crab boil and lots of beer. Tails only for me please. Fried for others, and thanks for recipes, passed them on to "The Chief".

Comment

Thanks everyone for your recipes, and yes, Jim in Mo, I am new to the site, thanks for the welcome! I am thinking about using a can of dog food with some holes punched all over the can. I will look for your bait suggestions but I am leaving first thing saturday so if you don't mind posting it again it would be greatly appreciated, THANKS!!!

Comment

CRAWFISH GUMBO
                1-2 lbs pounds of crawfish tails
                1 large onion, cut into large pieces
                1 1/2 to 2 lbs cooked whole mushrooms
                1 1/2 to 2 lbs cooked potatoes (sm red ones work best)
                6-8 cobs of corn (shave kernels off cob)
                1-2 bay leaves
                1 teaspoon file
                1 can stewed tomatoes
                Make a good rich brown roux, being careful not to burn roux, as a burned roux is bitter and will ruin the dish.
                Add tomatoes and onions, cooking until onions are translucent. Stir in potatoes and corn, adding enough water to cover (about 2 inches).
                Bring to a boil, add crawfish and file (about 1 teaspoon). Reduce to a low heat and simmer for about 1/2 hour.
                Serve over hot rice with cornbread.
                There will be no more leftovers of this recipe.
                Enjoy!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad