Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm a first time boat buyer. I'd like to know if vinyl flooring is better, safer or easier to maintain than marine carpet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm a first time boat buyer. I'd like to know if vinyl flooring is better, safer or easier to maintain than marine carpet?

I'm a first time boat buyer. I'd like to know if vinyl flooring is better, safer or easier to maintain than marine carpet?

Not a boat owner myself, but a nice slimy fish on the vinyl followed by a bit of spray sounds awful slippery to me. I would want the carpet.

Comment

My ex bro in law had a sea-ark that had the spray in vinyl floor. It was not slick as you might think and made cleanup a whole lot easier than carpet. I had a nice tracker 190tx with carpet and it was a b!tch to keep clean. I'll never have a boat with carpet again.

Comment

Have you got any specifics on a boat you're looking at? Aluminum vs fiberglass? Floats boat? Bass boat? Off shore fishing? It would all make a difference in my eyes.

Comment

Flats*** boat*

Comment

To pray-hunt-work. I'm considering a 16ft aluminum Star Weld deep-v for lake fishing. Too many rocks in the Susquehanna River. My thanks to everyone else to date.

Comment

I've got a boat with carpet, if I had it to do over I'd opt for vinyl. Carpet stains, vinyl rinses off.

Comment

I have a 16 1/2 foot Alumacraft. The floor isn't marine carpet, not sure what the product is. It has a short rough finnish to it. It's pliable, washes up good and provides good traction when moving around in the boat. Cabela's handles it if you wanted to install yourself. Personally, I believe vinyl would be awful slick, perhaps causing slips or falls.

Comment

I have a family friend that put rhino liner(spray in truck bed liner) in the bottom of his "clamm digging" skiff. Which is aluminum, it was a little heavy, but worked awesome!!!! Washable, good traction, and durable! In a fiberglass situation I would recommend a product called non skid, which is similar to putting kitty-litter in the gel coat and rolling it on the floor. The only problem with non skid, is when you do fall, you need a skin graph. Good incentive to stay on your toes I guess! Good luck in what you buy!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 16 Years
                    by crm3006
                    From #1 Bubba- "What you two clowns know about immigration law and citizenship requirements wouldn't fill a sewing thimble."

Hey,...
                    Today, 09:51 PM
                  • 16 Years
                    by jhjimbo
                    So, if Biden wins the White House will have been under the control of black/brown for up to 16 years, yet they only represent about 13% of the population...
                    08-12-2020, 09:20 PM
                  • Reply to Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                    by crm3006
                    What? Exposed your ignorance about Auto 5s, did I, little man? Gonna pout, and hold your breath 'til you turn blue?
                    Today, 09:45 PM
                  • Need advice on choice of 20 gauge semi auto
                    by derek7
                    Hi everyone,

I have one question regarding how to choose the right shotgun for myself. I want a 20 gauge semi auto with interchangeable barrel...
                    08-11-2020, 09:03 AM
                  • Reply to 16 Years
                    by 99explorer
                    So tell us, blubber, is Kamala Harris a U.S. citizen or not?
                    Yes or no.
                    No speeches and no insults.
                    Today, 09:36 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X