Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ncarl, just saw your question about buoys. See first post for my answer.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ncarl, just saw your question about buoys. See first post for my answer.

Ncarl, just saw your question about buoys. See first post for my answer.

The best buoys I have seen are made from an old soda bottle, some fishing line, and a sinker. To make one, tie the line around the neck of the bottle and wrap the line around the wider part. Use as much line as you think you will ever need. When you find yourself in say 15 ft. of water and don’t need the whole length, simply measure out about as much as you think you will need. Your armspan is equal to your height, so it will be 5-6 feet (unless you are a midget, in which case, I apologize for calling you a midget). Once you have your length of line played out, simply unscrew the cap on the bottle and insert your line, then tighten the cap down on the line. This way, you can adjust to whatever length you need, and you never have more line out than necessary.

Comment

Thanks, Ill try it if the weather ever warms up and thaws the water around here.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Debate #2: new rules
        by franchi20
        I've wondered about the guests on the Q&A site. I think it includes visitors the main page who never see the Q&A. It's an overall count of who...
        Today, 07:40 PM
      • Debate #2: new rules
        by FirstBubba
        New debate rules change.

Moderator controlled "mute" button.

Who made the request?
        The "Biden Campaign"!...
        10-02-2020, 02:10 PM
      • Reply to What's after Trump?
        by franchi20
        Speculation is good mental exercise, but I think it's way too early to worry about the next one while fraught with worry about the crap surrounding this...
        Today, 07:34 PM
      • What's after Trump?
        by FirstBubba
        No doubt, Trump will prevail Nov 4th.
        There is no more FDR and Congress eventually enforced the laws restricting a president to a 2 term limit....
        Today, 01:46 PM
      • Reply to So is everyone ready for deer season
        by fitch270
        The kids have already put two deer in the freezer this year so we're pretty well set. I've been out with the bow just once for an evening sit and saw...
        Today, 07:01 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X