Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of structure or cover do you look for when your crappie fishing during winter.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What kind of structure or cover do you look for when your crappie fishing during winter.

What kind of structure or cover do you look for when your crappie fishing during winter.

always caught them around docks

Comment

I'm giving my answer as related to ice fishing but I suppose it applies to winter "soft water" too.

I typically find crappie and other pan fish in 8-15 feet of water off shore at least 10-15 feet around structure like bush piles but a small hump on a flat structure-less area can be really productive too.

Comment

...a hole in the ice lol

Comment

I find crappies suspended in the column over deeper water relating to bottom structure such as drops, deep tapering points, and humps. Dont forget bridges is find one with good pilings and structure under the water.

Comment

Im talking soft water. Forgot to mention.

Comment

around stickups, docks, and points. If you can find a lake where christmas trees are dropped off in the water after the holidays and you can find out where that spot is, your golden.

Comment

i fish gull lake alot in Minnesota and i have had alot of luck on points. and caught alot of fish in about 20 feet of water.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Visible Voter "fraud"
                  by FirstBubba
                  You have a very great point there, jhjimbo.
                  What we (?) do have is a media that won't expose it for the corruption it is and prefer to hide the...
                  Today, 04:24 PM
                • Visible Voter "fraud"
                  by FirstBubba
                  First. Note that in Milwaukee, WI, another 386 uncounted votes were found(?).

On to bigger and much more visible evidence.

Yesterday, 10:13 AM
                • Reply to The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                  by rock rat
                  A time to count our blessings. Lots of wood for the stove, kids watching the tube, mom thinking of new ways to grow plants, and more food than we could...
                  Today, 03:25 PM
                • The happiest of Thanksgivings my friends
                  by dewman
                  Thank you my Lord, for the time we were given to fellowship together here, for however the duration. Thank you for the knowledge passed, the ideas shared,...
                  Today, 08:40 AM
                • Reply to Copper bullets
                  by rock rat
                  As I understand it lead from paint and lead from leaded gasoline is absorbed into the body much easier, than the bits from game meat. A famous study of...
                  Today, 03:21 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X