Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am looking for a good spinning reel rod combo. I am looking to spend no more than $50. Will use it for bass and walleye. thank

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am looking for a good spinning reel rod combo. I am looking to spend no more than $50. Will use it for bass and walleye. thank

I am looking for a good spinning reel rod combo. I am looking to spend no more than $50. Will use it for bass and walleye. thanks

You're gonna need to be willing to spend more than that. I never really wanted to spend much more than that, until not to long ago I bought a $120 reel. It made all the difference.
    The rod I use, I picked up for about $20 in New Zealand; so the rod doesn't need to be a $5,000 rod.
    All this to say, splurge a little on the real, especially if you are going to be using it more. You won't regret it.

Comment

I think they have some nice pfluegers at awl-mart. I agree with Quinton Schmelz. I would spend at least $50 each.

Comment

Check out some of the rod and reel combos at Cabelas, Bass Pro or even Walmart. There are some pretty nice setups available in your price range. For an inexpensive reel, I like the Shimano Sienna, which retails for about $30. Shop around and I’d bet you can find something like that paired with an Ugly Stick rod for close to your $50 target. Cabelas has a combo with the Sienna matched to their Pro Guide rods for $60.

Comment

Ugly stik is a great way to go. People talk down about them because they are cheap but they are extremely durable and sensitive enough. Just get a light or medium light and youll be set. I have 2 and am planning on getting a third myself.

Comment

I use a Pflueger President and love it. It feels like it should cost a pretty penny but you can get them for around $50 at Cabelas. I would also pair it with an Ugly Stick. They are the best for the money in my opinion.

Comment

I have a couple ugly stik combos in different weights, as does my brother, and we swear by them. I've never used any high-end combos, so can't say how they compare, but you can't go wrong in that price range.

Comment

go to walmart, I got a great spinning combo for $40

Comment

I'm with the guys above. Get an Ugly Stik! I have 2 of them and they're great. Extremely durable and for the price they can't be beat.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad