Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best way to fish for crappies, i was thinking a jig with some nightcrawler on it

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best way to fish for crappies, i was thinking a jig with some nightcrawler on it

what is the best way to fish for crappies, i was thinking a jig with some nightcrawler on it

Minnows

Comment

ya a jig with worm or even a bobber and worm

Comment

A jig with a minnow or some nightcrawler is great. I've nailed some big ones with tiny bright crankbaits too.

Comment

no contest; got to be minnows.

Comment

Don't forget crickets. Not the black ones but the brown outdoor crickets. Meal worms to, those you'll have to go to a bait shop for.

Comment

I always use minnows first. If thats not working,I'll go with jigs.

Comment

im not much of a crappie fisherman but what ive heard is minnows are the way to go.

Comment

I always have best luck with an orange jig with a white twisty tail, I use a stick bobbers(not the real skinny ones but the ones that have a stick on top and bottom with a little bulge in the center) Have a brain fart cant remember what they are called. LOL rather than round ones. About foot or foot and half(depends on depth of water) between the bobber and jig. What I do is cast the line out then reel the slack up so you have a stright line from your pole to your bobber. Wait about 5 seconds then start reeling in really slowly, just enough to make the bobber dance real slow, this will allow the twisty tail make a little action. My experience when the crappies bite, the bobber usally does not go straight down but rather start drifting to the side. Then reel it up till you feel the fish then have fun. If you try this method, I hopes it works as good for you as it does for me. Can't wait to go fishing for the first time this year myself. Between college, work, and racing(pit crew) not a whole lot of extra time. Good luck

Comment

if you use a wax warm (sorry that is wrong) i use it and i just sloughter them.

Comment

i like a bladed jig with a grub

Comment

Minnows, Minnows, Minnows

Comment

I have had great catches with bloppers and a jigs. Especially if i know the fish are in the area. Throw it out to were the jig is about foot off the bottom. Make the tip of your pole tremble every once in awhile. Then tightlines.

Comment

I like Minnows!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad