Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

A recent question on answers sparked my interest. I know some of you guys say bream and some say bluegill. Ok but to me the spel

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A recent question on answers sparked my interest. I know some of you guys say bream and some say bluegill. Ok but to me the spel

A recent question on answers sparked my interest. I know some of you guys say bream and some say bluegill. Ok but to me the spelling of bream is misleading. I pronounce it like "brim". Do any people pronounce it "breem"? Regional dialect is interesting to me, and I know my southern draw would spark your interest too.

I was born and raised in the South and I have always called pronounced them "brim".

Comment

I've always called them "sunnies"

Comment

Having fished in several states(North-South,East-West),
        your right, it is a regional thing.

Comment

I call them "brim". Did you see the article in one of last year's print editions about the brim safari to the south? I think Nickens did it if memory serves. Great article, worth digging up if you can, sounds like something we'd all like to do other than the alligator boarding party.

Comment

I called them bluegill or just gills all my life until i moved to TN, everyone here calls then brim so it took me about 6 months to figure out what kind of fish they were talking about.

Comment

Agreed with Big O and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad