Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Alright, so I'm new to ice fishing does anybody have the main things I need to know, like tips, etc...?????

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LJ2323
    replied
    i use live baits alot more that i do lours. I also use tipups alot normally i have my limit in the ice.

Leave a comment:

• badger99
    replied
    well the ice is the number one thing
    what i do to check the ice is to drill a hole a little ways out there and do it for about 10-15 yards and see how think it is
    baits can be anything to a small jigs to a spoon
    you can use live bait or just jigs

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    Find a friend or a guide in your area and go with them. THey can show you what you need for the fish that you are targeting.
    Before you get lures, etc., you need an auger. i have a hand auger that works great up to 20 inches of ice, past that I go fishing with someone who has a gas powered.
    Then, you can look for tackle depending on the species you are after.

Leave a comment:

• Alex Pernice the fly rod winner
    replied
    Try lures that glow, you charge them with a LED light and use them like you normally would.

Leave a comment:

• Golfing Sportsman
    replied
    Number one most important rule is MAKE SURE THE ICE IS SAFE. If you are not sure don't risk it, no fish is worth dying for.

Leave a comment:

• Alright, so I'm new to ice fishing does anybody have the main things I need to know, like tips, etc...?????

Alright, so I'm new to ice fishing does anybody have the main things I need to know, like tips, etc...?????

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad