Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've got a Daiwa spinning combo. It's medium-action and rated for 1/4 - 3/4 oz weights. It's rated for 6-14 lb. line. What is th

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've got a Daiwa spinning combo. It's medium-action and rated for 1/4 - 3/4 oz weights. It's rated for 6-14 lb. line. What is th

I've got a Daiwa spinning combo. It's medium-action and rated for 1/4 - 3/4 oz weights. It's rated for 6-14 lb. line. What is this appropriate for up north?(By north I mean Pennsylvania and/or Ohio/New York0

Throw on some low memory 10lb test and you have a great all around combo for most fishing in most of the aforementioned states. You can go lighter if you are after trout or panfish, and you could get some 15 lb test and a wire leader if you want something bigger like pike. There is plenty of fishing in those states that would call for a lighter or heavier (30-40-50 pound salmon in the Niagara or Ontario, great whites off the coast of NY...) setup, but you are mostly covered.

Comment

For trout, use 4 or 6 lb. test. For bass, 10 or 12. Like shane said, you can easily get away with 15 or even 20# if you are fishing for something heavier( stripers, steelhead, pike). Or, just set your drag appropriately.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad