Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

will beef liver work for catching catfish?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• will beef liver work for catching catfish?

will beef liver work for catching catfish?

I would think so. I've been using chicken giblits and liver can't be that different although maybe harder to keep on a hook.

Comment

Yes, pork liver is cheaper if you can find it, both work!

Comment

Is a pig's butt pork?
        It is 'til he sits down! Then it's pressed ham!
        YES, YES, YES!
        Liver is superb catfish bait! Just don't figure on catching any flatheads. They require "live" bait.

Comment

yup, make it stinky with some garlic and let it get gross then get on it.

Comment

The sinew or reticular fibers that connect liver will stay on the hook quite well and is a waste product that is usually trimed off the liver. So just go to a butcher shop and ask for the beef liver sinew.

Comment

yes,In fact I fish from deer guts to chicken pieces and muskie sometimes take it to

Comment

I think beef liver is the best liver to use, it stays on the hook alot easier than chicken liver too. That is all we use on trot lines.

Comment

I recomend chicken liver but im sure beef liver works the same. Put it in a resulable jar and put a little salt on top of the liver then put it in the fridge overnight, it should be a little tougher. Hope this helps.

Comment

anything that stinks yup. even a soggy sock does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Walter39 View Post
                      anything that stinks yup. even a soggy sock does the trick.
                      I was told that if you stick the beef livers in boiling water it helps it stay on the hook a lot better

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad