Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm sick and tired of switching back and forth from my bowfishing setup to just my regular hunting setup. Are there any accesso

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'm sick and tired of switching back and forth from my bowfishing setup to just my regular hunting setup. Are there any accesso

I'm sick and tired of switching back and forth from my bowfishing setup to just my regular hunting setup. Are there any accessories out there to make it easier?

Two bows are the way to go. I even have two different bows for fishing. #1 is a vintage wooden Wing recurve and #2 is a Jennings compound. I do not use the compound around saltwater because the salt is too hard on it. I ruined a good PSE compound in salt water so I learned the hard way.

Comment

Definitely use two different bows. Bowfishing is much harder on your equipment than just shooting arrows, so it's best to use a "retired" bow for fishing.

Comment

Look on Craigslist or at Garage sales. Lots of old bows for sale, at low prices.

Comment

I have the same problem. It really is a pain, but I can't afford another bow right now until next week when I go back to working more. I have a longbow but that seems really impractical to set up for bowfishing. So for now I guess I'll just have to use my main bow. Hows ur luck?

Comment

Get a second bow on ebay.

Comment

Buy a used $25 compound bow and set it up for bow fishing. It will always be ready to go and it will work just fine.

Comment

lots of buffalo, giant suckers, quilback and a whole bunch of other junk fish.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad