Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I live in Northern California and have been angling for trout for a while on a spinning reel. I want to start fishing for steelh

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in Northern California and have been angling for trout for a while on a spinning reel. I want to start fishing for steelh

I live in Northern California and have been angling for trout for a while on a spinning reel. I want to start fishing for steelhead next season but am unsure of what rod/ reel rig to use and also what type of tackle to be casting. I am really interested in level winders, especially the Abu Garcia C3. Any recommendations for rods and reels to use out there?

I personally like the SuperCaster 1000 Pro series reel by US Reel. They do not use the old worm and pall levelwind system, instead they have a unique levelwind that is much simpler, lasts longer without service, and lets you cast easier and further. Check them out at usreel.com . I have used the SuperCasters since they first came out and they work great.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad