Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am hoping to fish for some carp this spring. Does anyone know of some good, easy homemade baits? Preferably with common ingred

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am hoping to fish for some carp this spring. Does anyone know of some good, easy homemade baits? Preferably with common ingred

I am hoping to fish for some carp this spring. Does anyone know of some good, easy homemade baits? Preferably with common ingredients.

Cheap trap loads. I hear some places are legalizing shooting the damn things as they jump out of the water ahead of the boat. Sounds like a helluva lot of fun!

Comment

Haven't done much fishing for carp, but when I'm out bass fishing and see other guys catching them around here it seems they are usually using dough balls(just bread wadded around the hook), or corn.

Comment

I have used zucchini squas and cucumber both as bait for bighead, grass, and common carp. But as to asian carp, they are filter feeders and I do not know of a good *bait* as such for them.

Comment

corn flakes and strawberry soda. mix and make into dense balls. someone on here gave me that recipe a while back and it worked well.

Comment

Wheates crushed up with a little water makes a great bait for carp

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Hijacked tankers
              by jhjimbo
              Iran has 3 oil tankers (not ours) should we do anything ? What ? Be realistic, attacking the tankers would probably result in them being burned.
              Yesterday, 05:50 PM
            • Reply to Hijacked tankers
              by rock rat
              It's simply tit for tat. Brits took one of their tankers, they take two of the brits. More important is why is there even an embargo. We broke the deal,...
              Today, 07:33 AM
              by FirstBubba
              Gonna have to find you an international maritime lawyer jimbo.
              I don't know....
              Today, 07:31 AM
              by jhjimbo
              If international law recognizes 50 miles off shore as a country border and the strait is 22 miles wide does that mean the strait is entirely in iran territory....
              Today, 07:24 AM
            • Do squirrel baffles work? Damn right they do!
              by Gary Devine
              I watched this tree rat climb up the bird feeder pole multiple times trying to climb onto the baffle. Each time the squirrel reach out and slipped off...
              Yesterday, 08:22 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X