Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What type of the three fishing reels do you prefer

What type of the three fishing reels do you prefer

i use spinning and bait cast reels, i like both and use for diff fishing holes

Comment

I use spinning for everything, and the reason is because I suck at using a bait caster!

Comment

bait caster almost exclusively. I say almost because all of my ultra lights are spinning reels.

Comment

Fly reels are tops, then spinning and baitcasters are tied for 2nd.

Comment

I use baitcasters for line ten pound test and up, spinning reels for eight pound test line and smaller.

Comment

I love my bait casters for bass and larger fish, but I probably get more joy out of using my ultra-light spin cast gear for trout, and panfish

Comment

i use baitcasters for catfishing and some bass and spinning for bass and crappie

Comment

I like shimano spinning reels.

Comment

OK I'm obviously the low man on the pole here but I like a Zebco 33 for several reasons. Cheap, Dependable, and EASY to use. I've had bait casters and spent more time cleaning the mess up than fishing. Spinning reels are backwards for me so they're out. And I usually take someone with me that couldn't use the other two either so when they use my rod which always happen I don't have to give them a class on how to use them.

Of course then my wife always makes fun of me for using kiddie reels! So that makes if fun too!

Comment

I use spinning reels almost exclusively

Comment

Shimano and Mitchell Spinning Reels. I would like to learn how to use a Baitcasting Reel...

Comment

I rely on open-faced spinning reels, but my fishing gear is relatively limited to ultralight tackle.

Comment

spinning all the way

Comment

spinning for most everything but I think you forgot a fourth type and that's a fly-reel.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad