Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone used the banjo minnow if so what results if not what type of fluke have you used and with what result

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has anyone used the banjo minnow if so what results if not what type of fluke have you used and with what result

Has anyone used the banjo minnow if so what results if not what type of fluke have you used and with what result

i have used the banjo minnow with very good results and i have used the flukes with similir results however the banjo has more action or so it seems

Comment

I love using flukes, Smoke and Bubblegum are two colors that I've had most luck with working weightless. There are plenty of swimbaits out there with just as good of action as the banjo minnow. The results just depend on weather you're fishing them in an overstocked farm pond or a public lake.

Comment

Banjo minnows work just as well as any other soft bait but not any better. Save your money and buy conventional soft baits.

Comment

the banjo minnow did not work well for me but i am not sure i fished it right

Comment

I didn't think they would work,so I didn't "waste" my money.

But ... my buddy had some and we killed the bass and crappie on them! Great action!

If you can get the right hooks with weights, go ahead and get the flukes or senkos!

Comment

Banjo minnows work well for me as do flukes,crawdads,mister twisters and such. Depending on where you live I would not buy the kit but instead spend the money on patterns that you think will work well in your area. I have had great results with the cotton candy and smoke shiner. Some of the ones in the kit just arn't right for my area. I woud not stop using other lures but the banjo minnow will always stay in my arsenal.

Comment

My friend got a 5 pound large mouth on his.

Comment

i have them but aint sure how to fish them wether to use a weight or fish it like a a crankbait

Comment

Hello my name is Wayne - i love the banjo minnow, i use it in the bathtub to!, no need for my rubber duckie anymore, any who the lure is so neat! i catch so many sunfish with it. Its so amazing!. my record is 3 sunfish in 4 hours, not bad eh! o je willacres, the banjo is the best darnest lure in Maine, no scratch that! the world!

PS: i have a banjo minnow tatatto

Comment

Hello my name is Wayne - i love the banjo minnow, i use it in the bathtub to!, no need for my rubber duckie anymore, any who the lure is so neat! i catch so many sunfish with it. Its so amazing!. my record is 3 sunfish in 4 hours, not bad eh! o je willacres, the banjo is the best darnest lure in Maine, no scratch that! the world!

Comment

Comment

Agreed with hengst answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

many moons ago I bought the original set of Banjo Minnows, I had not used them yet and I saw a neighbor catch the largest bass I had seen come out of Kent Lake around 8 lbs in New Kent county VA. where I lived back in 1999. I had seen him fishing many times at the end finger near my home, he was always using a buzz bait. I thought this is a perfect time to use my new Banjo Minnows, I could use a lure the bass have not seen before. The following weekend I rigged up a medium Banjo Minnow, at this end of the finger were many stumps just below the surface so I rigged weedless. On the third cast I was twitching and resting a return and the third time I went to twitch the lure it appeared to be hung up. I thought I had hung a stump so I gave a hard jerk. The line took off side ways and the fight was on. About 5 minuets later I lipped the largest bass I have ever caught. I cannot say it was the same bass I saw caught earlier, but it was every bit as big. What a wonderful lure you have come up with.

Comment

Back in the day, around the mid 90’s, my father saw the infomercial and ordered up a kit just to see what the hype was about. The package came as described and also had a VCR tape with instructions on how to set up and fish the lures. We watched the tape and went fishing. They absolutely worked! We caught fish after fish just like the commercial. If you have never fished them, or fished them properly, then you will never truly understand the hype. I haven’t tried the newer banjos, but if they are as good as the originals, I’ll bet money they will catch you fish.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad