Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• any tips on how to catch catfish

any tips on how to catch catfish

I like to use chicken liver or gizzard for bait. gizzard stays on the hook better. Just set it on the bottom and wait. Thats the easiest way. Also try cut bream pieces. You an also use live shiners for big flatheads.

Comment

If your just starting out go with the good old earthworm. I like bottom fishing like Bama said.

Comment

Beef liver is also good.

Comment

I have always used raw shrimp and fish it off the bottom, it stays on the hook well.

Comment

Way back then they used old crank telephones to call them up!

Comment

stinky bait on bottom

Comment

well depending on what type of catfish you are fishing for i would use shad, skipjack, sunfish(bluegill) all cut or live you might also want to use some prepared baits or stink baits and you can never go wrong with what is naturally found in the area you are fishing ie minnows worms grasshoppers etc good luck

Comment

sorry i forgot to mention i usually fish on bottom at night but in shallow water usually less than 8ft of water

Comment

I use whatever can be caught in the local area, for instance in my area shad are the dominant bait fish. I also use live perch, beef liver, beef hearts, shrimp, and stink baits.

Comment

i catfish alot and if you want a big flathead try using live Bluegill's or minnows.For smaller channels and stuff try stuff like Chicken Livers and stink bait.

Comment

for catfish, nothin beats fresh cut shad heads and fish the shallows at night, when catfish are in shallow water they are almost always feeding. I don't know if this is just by me but a local lake by my house has a ton of four to five pound cats that favor a small chunk of hotdog over anything else. just wonderin if anyone has had significant luck with that around them.

Comment

Here is the Link for all the Tips you need
                          http://www.catfishin.net/tips.html

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad