Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is the best catfishing reel on the market? I am a big abu-garcia fan, but I know there are others out there.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is the best catfishing reel on the market? I am a big abu-garcia fan, but I know there are others out there.

What is the best catfishing reel on the market? I am a big abu-garcia fan, but I know there are others out there.

I don't know any Abu-Garcia's but Zebco just came out with a reel and rod with a bite alert system built in so you can just leave it and use another rod.

Comment

Abu Garcia 6600, those Hawg Seeker Zebcos with the bite alarm are crap, the rods aren't strong enough and you can't put braid on them or you will cut the guides.

Comment

I just bought the Hawg Seeker (Spinning combo). I put braid on it, haven't had any trouble with it (not saying I wont... just saying I havent.) And the rod seems to be great. Granted I haven't caught anything over 15lbs... but just offering my two cents. I bought it with the intentions for Musky.... just breaking it in on cats until then. I could take or leave the bite alert. I don't rely on it. @Alex, have you personal experience with the issues you mentioned, about the HawgSeeker? If so could you be more specific? Thanks for the info.

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

$$$

Comment

Abu-Garcia's!

Comment

Abu-Garcia's!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad