Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I just bought a new fishing pole and I'm wondering were to place the sinker and bobber on the line? can someone tell me?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just bought a new fishing pole and I'm wondering were to place the sinker and bobber on the line? can someone tell me?

I just bought a new fishing pole and I'm wondering were to place the sinker and bobber on the line? can someone tell me?

Clamp on the bobber then thread on the sinker, tie on the hook...

Comment

IF YOU ARE GOING TO USE A QUARK WITH A TOOTH PICK SLIDE IT ON FIRST ABOUT 12-14 INCHES ABOVE THE END OF THE LINE. NOW GO TO THE END OF THE LINE AND TIE ON A HOOK THAT IS ABOUT THE RIGHT SIZE FOR WHAT YOU ARE DOING. FINALLY PRESS ON THE WEIGHT ABOUT A INCH TO A INCH AND A HALF HIGHER THAN THE HOOK.

Comment

ANOTHER TIP FOR WHEN YOU ARE TIEING ON YOUR HOOK, RUN THE LINE THROUGH THE EYE OF THE HOOK AND PULL IT THROUGH A LITTLE BIT. NOW TWIST THE LINE 4 OR 5 TIMES AND IT WILL MAKE A HOLE TO PULL THE LINE THROUGH CLOSE TO THE HOOK. AFTER YOU GET THAT JUST PULL IT TIGHT. IF YOU HAVE ANY PROBLEMS JUST TIE IT ON THERE LIKE YOU WOULD TIE YOUR SHOES IT WILL WORK ALSO, I USED TO TIE THEM LIKE THAT AND IT WORKED BUT IF YOU CAN TIE THE FIRST WAY YOU WILL NOT HAVE TO WORRY AS MUCH WITH THE HOOK TRYING TO SLIDE OFF.

Comment

I HOPE THIS CAN HELP YOU WITH FIXING YOUR POLE AND GOOD LUCK WITH CATCHING THE "BIG ONE"

Comment

if your are fishing floating bait such as powerbait dough, you don't need a bobber. just tie on a weight about two feet above the hook and toss her out. the bait will float two feet off the bottom. if you use live bait, place the bobber about three feet above the hook and your sinker just under that to keep the bobber from sliding.good fishin brother!

Comment

Place your sinker a few inches above the hook and your bobber on the line at whatever depth you want to fish. If you want to fish 2ft. deep then place your bobber 2ft. up the line from the hook. What are you fishing for?

Comment

Agreed with bobbywade answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad