Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Spincast Reels? Why don't the pros use em?? I love mine I don't know.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spincast Reels? Why don't the pros use em?? I love mine I don't know.

Spincast Reels? Why don't the pros use em?? I love mine I don't know.

They chew your line, and aren't made to half the quality of most spinning and baitcast reels. Unless your throwing an old Zebco 33, chances are your spincast reel won't last more than a year.

Comment

Inferior drag, can't use braid, tear up you're line, the reasons go on and on, and they just aren't durable.

Comment

I would also add that they can't cast near as far as a baitcaster or spinning reel.

Comment

Oh mines awesome.

Comment

yeah i have used numerous ones and they all broke and wore in with in a year or two. so i would go with an spinning reel <--- I love my spinning reel

Comment

I have to agree with everyone, spincast reels are just not cut out for really hard fishing. The drags are not very smooth and you get a lot of line twist. What kind of spincast do you have?

Comment

Spincast reels are great for getting strarted in fishing, or for light action fishing. As stated above they do not hold up over the long term.

Comment

ya i have old Ugly Stik spinning reel it's a good old rod.

Comment

pros also get better endorsements out of more expensive brands. do to copy cat bass fisherman who have to have what the pros have. yes clearly spinning or bait caster reels are better for extened use and heavier applications. the advantages to a spin cast reel is less backlash and line tangles so it is a more forgiving reel for the average fisherman that would rather be fishing than untangling his high powered super sonic K.F.D. bass killer 5500.

Comment

Agreed with jfose140 and + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BamaCreekBum View Post
                        I would also add that they can't cast near as far as a baitcaster or spinning reel.
                        You can actually cast further with a high quality spincast than you can with a spinning reel, and you can even out cast a baitcaster when throwing anthing under about a half ounce. The biggest problem with spincast reels is that they're not durable, they eat up line, and the drag systems aren't the best for big fish; however, for the purpose they're intended for (light fishing and simplicity), they're great if you buy a good one. I would take a zebco omega over any spinning real or baitcaster for catching small bass, pan fish , or trout. Professionals don't us them, because professional's don't fight fish. They just yank them in the boat with braided line strong enough to land a tuna. If you're like me and go fishing a couple times a month for fish that are generally under 5lbs, try out an omega. It's hard to go back to a spinning real for small fish once you do.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad