Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So the other day at work I was talking about carp fishing and saying that they were good fighters.I just moved to the Northwest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So the other day at work I was talking about carp fishing and saying that they were good fighters.I just moved to the Northwest

So the other day at work I was talking about carp fishing and saying that they were good fighters.I just moved to the Northwest and all the guys were saying carp are lazy and boring to catch.I haven't caught a carp here yet so I don't know.What do you think?

I love catching carp just for the reason they are such great fighters. If you get a chance, if you haven't already, try bow fishing them. Now that's a blast!

Comment

I have never caught one on spinning gear but if you get one on a fly rod you are in for a treat. We called them Colorado Bonefish and they will take you into your backing for sure. Not many other opportunities to catch 20+ lb fish in freshwater in North America. Nice thing about carp is they are plentiful and often found in areas that other sportfishermen don't use so you won't have people crowding you They will take anything a trout does, also small minnow or crayfish imitations. Good fishing!

Comment

They must be snobs that don't fish much. If you've caught a carp in a river, you know they aren't sluggish. These guys must not be very experienced.

Comment

I call them Bronze Rockets. A good fight on the fly.

Comment

Yea, buck got it again, there the equivalent to a bonefish on 'roids, there a blast on flys.

Comment

Lots of fun!!! big fish that run hard. Cant stand the way they taste though

Comment

I'll say the carp in my neck of the woods are not lazy. They will put up quite a fight.

Comment

Great fight... use Velveeta cheese and hot dog slices on circle hooks.

Comment

Shane you made my day.Sounded to me like they were talking out their ... or maybe just repeating what they've been told.But definetly not talking from expirience.Thanks for backing me up fellas.

Comment

carp are lazy until you spook them or hook them then your in for some fun i like to use a flour and big red soda mix does the trick everytime

Comment

Good answer buckhunter and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad