Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats the best way to kill a bluegill ethiclly?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wait I know the best way, my chihuahua when she wants to bite anything. Shes made my hands bloody.

Just kidding

Comment

You have a pet rat?

Comment

duck killer that made my day haha

Comment

Yeah its preety much my moms dog.

Comment

Eat it!

Comment

I have never heard this question raised before, except for lobsters, where the question comes up about the humane aspect of their being boiled alive.
              I think there is some dispute concerning the difference in flavor depending on whether the lobster is dropped into boiling water or slowly boiled alive.
              Some chef recommends that the lobster should be killed first by piercing the skull just behind the eyes with a sharp pointed knife.

Comment

99 I have eaten lobster fresh & frozen, hard to tell the difference.

Comment

I kill the bluegill by using it as bait for nighttime catfishing.

Comment

Moishe,
                    I can't tell the difference either, but I have never made a side-by-side comparison test. I am also not a lobster connoisseur either.
                    And I prefer lobster salad, because I hate wearing those silly lobster bibs, and find the whole lobster-eating experience much too labor-intensive.

Comment

A firm, but controlled hit to the head with a dead-blow hammer. Make sure to keep the hammer in front of the pectoral fin so you do not ruin the meat.

Comment

In Germany it is mandatory to carry a stiletto tool to kill the fish immediatly after catching. It is part of your fishing gear !

Comment

Take a rock. Smash it right behind its head a couple good hard times.

Comment

Put them in a 5 gallon bucket with just a little water. When your dine fir the day put a lid on it and take it home. By the time you get there it will magically have happened.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT View Post
                              Put them in a 5 gallon bucket with just a little water. When your dine fir the day put a lid on it and take it home. By the time you get there it will magically have happened.
                              You may get away doing this in the winter time but doing this on a hot sunny day I wouldn’t advice it. Man those fish are cooking up in that bucket and spoiling the meat. If your going to stick them back in water stick a stringer on them and back to the waters, you catch them from at least that water stays at temp instead of heating up in a bucket. Just to be a safer for yourself jasont. On those hot days and a little ice to your bucket.
                              Last edited by Solitario Lupo; 02-02-2019, 01:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Solitario Lupo View Post

You may get away doing this in the winter time but doing this on a hot sunny day I wouldn’t advice it. Man those fish are cooking up in that bucket and spoiling the meat. If your going to stick them back in water stick a stringer on them and back to the waters, you catch them from at least that water stays at temp instead of heating up in a bucket. Just to be a safer for yourself jasont. On those hot days and a little ice to your bucket.
                                Yea I get it. I wouldn't leave them sit all day either. Thats a good way without smashing heads or anything messy

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Get Off Social Media
                                  by Danbo
                                  99 I didn’t understand your response!
                                  Today, 07:54 PM
                                • Get Off Social Media
                                  by jhjimbo
                                  A talking head on MSMBC said people should "get off social media" . Now why would she feel people should get off social media ? I suspect...
                                  Today, 04:10 PM
                                  by 99explorer
                                  Danbo - Fine with me. Investigate away.
                                  Just leave out the announcement of the investigation.
                                  Today, 07:41 PM
                                  by Danbo
                                  99 your not being totally truthful! The Vice President at the time threatened to put aid on hold unless Ukraine fired the prosecutor who was investigating...
                                  Today, 07:33 PM
                                • Reply to Recommended Choke & Shot for Turkey
                                  by Danbo
                                  3 inch nitro turkey #6 Shot 12 gauge through undertaker extra full extended choke . Took several ny birds with that combo
                                  Today, 07:22 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X