Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are creek chubs good to eat? I caught 4 the other day in a near by river and could easily catch more

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are creek chubs good to eat? I caught 4 the other day in a near by river and could easily catch more

Are creek chubs good to eat? I caught 4 the other day in a near by river and could easily catch more

I've never eaten one, but I've heard of people who smoke them. They're supposed to be kinda oily and fishy otherwise, but if that's your cup 'o' tea...

Comment

Very boney...

Comment

they sound a lot like the hooligan we caught in alaska. they were edible and good for bait as well.

Comment

I wouldn't eat one that is for sure! But chubs make really good bait.

Comment

I have a fish food guide and it goes from 1=bad to 4=excellent they are 3 same as bass and panfish in the guide. Where I live Mexicans and blacks eat them but Mexicans eat everything they catch they may even eat a boot if they caught it.

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Campbell Jr View Post
              I have a fish food guide and it goes from 1=bad to 4=excellent they are 3 same as bass and panfish in the guide. Where I live Mexicans and blacks eat them but Mexicans eat everything they catch they may even eat a boot if they caught it.
              Racist bigot

Comment

Originally posted by Kenny Campbell Jr View Post
                It's not racist just because he said black. Some fisherman are more interested in getting to know the watershed, whereas some people just aren't interested. Fines in California can reach over $1,000, so I want to know everything possible before I put my line in the water. But some of these people don't have licenses. They have weird fishing habits because they never bothered to learn about the ecology. Illegal Mexicans really will eat anything. I've seen them catch rainbow trout, but not know what they are. This is So Cal. Trout are the most abundant species you'll bring to the bank. Is it racist to have an experience? I can only control what I do, but don't shoot the messenger.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad