Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

have you ever caght a catfish in the winter? if so tell your story.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• have you ever caght a catfish in the winter? if so tell your story.

have you ever caght a catfish in the winter? if so tell your story.

Yea, mainly flathead on gills, not much of a story.

Comment

I caught a blue cat in Febuary one time. I was fishing for crappie with minnows. And somehow i caught one probobly about 3 to 4 pounds.

Comment

I had a friend who caught catfish year round and one paticular duck hunt we camped out (frigid temps) and we did our normal summer routine and all that night and into next morning we spent on the boat. We caught way too many. We never caught any sleep though.

Comment

Some of my best fishing for catfish takes place in the winter. I have been out with ice forming on the line and still had success.

The baits that work the best for me are live shad if available, if not frozen shad. Shrimp, and beef heart works really well.

I always tell everyone I know, don't let the cold keep you away from great fishing opportunities, the cats really do bite well in cold weather.

Comment

no

Comment

I've caught a 5 pound channel on a jigging pole, and a 1/32 oz jig.

Comment

Yes a 6 pound channel ice fishing with tip ups at a local lake using power bait.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad