Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Methods, Do any of you trotline or Yo-yo fish? What have you caught on them? Do you consider this a legitimate fishing practic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with Beekeeper answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Certainly! I love to run trotlines for catfish. Great way to fill the freezer or aquire the main course for a big fish fry.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    We caught a 50lb. Spoonbill in Lake of the Ozarks years ago, but other than that time I've never used one. They are illegal here in MI. Not much skill involved, but would be an effective way of food in a survival situation.

Leave a comment:

• silsbyj
    replied
    I set trot lines every year. For me it is just about as exciting as any other method of fishing....especially when you have a 55lb flathead on one of your hooks.

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    replied
    I use trot lines, throw lines, and juglines, but yo-yo lines are illegal in my state.

I use lines pretty often for catfish, but that is the only species I set lines for.

Leave a comment:

• jbird
    replied
    I've caught catfish w/mine, and I sure don't see anything wrong with it. It's exciting as hell to bait up a trot line, get some shut-eye, and run it in the morning. When you feel something pulling it around, it's cool working your way hook to hook until you get to it. Yeah, it's not as exciting as rod n reel fishing, but who said you gotta do one or the other. I got a deep freeze.

Leave a comment:

• slothman
    replied
    Great way to fill the freezer if your planning a fish-fry. But besides that i dont have much use for them. for me most outdoor activities are about the ACTIVITY not the PRODUCT.

Leave a comment:

• Dannyjr321
    replied
    We used to do it when i was younger but i have not fished thay way in some time

Leave a comment:

• boomer1
    replied
    i think it takes the fun out of fishing

Leave a comment:

• KMB33
    replied
    I have caught a couple 23 inch 10 lb cafish within 30 minutes in one place. As long as they are legal and you tag them or do what you need to make them legal, go for it.

Leave a comment:

• Methods, Do any of you trotline or Yo-yo fish? What have you caught on them? Do you consider this a legitimate fishing practic

Methods, Do any of you trotline or Yo-yo fish? What have you caught on them? Do you consider this a legitimate fishing practice?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad