Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is the worst place you have gotten poison ivy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm very allergic to poison ivy and have had it on every inch of my body. Last year I was cutting some branches to clear out a spot for a new stand when a vine fell on me from above and wrapped me up. I had it all over my neck, face, arms, hands and between my fingers. But the worst - we built a bonfire once when I was a kid and didn't realize there were poison ivy vines in it. The urushiol was in the smoke and I got it in my throat and lungs.

Comment

I got it once while rafting in WI. Mostly affected arms, hands and legs. Whatever antihistamine gels or other topical remedies I've tried, have not given any noticeable relief. I wonder if a benadril or claritin by mouth would help. It did help me tremendously when I was stung by a wasp last week. The swelling was there, but went away in 2 days instead of a week, it usually lasts with me

Comment

right between the fingers man does it itch

Comment

For the many years I have ran through the woods I must be doing something right I've never had poison ivy or anything.

Comment

on my whole face i was cleaning up a fallen tree after a storm and i was trying to pull the tree into a clearing so i could cut it up and all the posin ivy branches still had some power to give me a very bad itch. i found that ivy stat works the best and follow the directions for best results

Comment

I got a leaf stuck up my pants leg when I was a kid. Instead of the normal rash it turned into a gnarly festering sore with a huge scabbed surface. While it lasted I used it to gross out the girls in 5th grade. Fortunately, I have matured since then although my wife claims the improvement is marginal at best.

Comment

I suffered from both poison Ivy and Poison Oak for years, especially when turkey hunting. There is a wonderful product called "Jewelweed" salve sold my many, even on Ebay. Works absolute miracles. I'm not a seller, just a very happy turkey hunter with a small jar of jewelweed salve in my vest. Life is wonderful now. Go get you some and live happily everafter.
                longspurhunter

Comment

Worst place(s) was in "That Area" and on my face at the same time, eyes swellled shut so bad had to go see the doc. Have'nt got it since(knock on wood). As for remedys I've aways heard Calamine Lotion is the best, sure you wind up pink but, no itch.

Comment

The worst area is obvious to any one who is allergic and relieved themselves in the woods. My worst experience is getting it on my hand and whiping swet from my eyes. The more I rubbed it the worse it got. My right eye was almost completely closed by Monday afternoon when I noticed it on my hand.

Comment

I was wearing shorts messing around with my friends in the woods not even thinking about poison ivy or ticks even. Well I guess some leaves got up my shorts near my groin. I started noticing an itch and was scratching quite frequently. It looked like I was scratching down there if you know what I mean. It was funny to think about it but then again it itched like h***!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Just Right
                        by jhjimbo
                        Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years in...
                        Today, 08:56 PM
                      • Reply to Just Right
                        by 99explorer
                        Do you have a link for that?
                        I never heard of a cartridge developed for concealed carry.
                        Today, 08:52 PM
                      • Just Right
                        by jhjimbo
                        Has anyone tried the new .31 cal, 30Super Carry. just what the name implies the quintessential between the .30 and the infamous 9mmLuger. Two years...
                        Today, 04:59 PM
                      • Reply to Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                        by labrador12
                        Brandon is the most corrupt President in history. Brandon's crackhead son has been the bagman for his 10%. The Crackhead son who failed to pay millions...
                        Today, 08:25 PM
                      • Jan. 6 committee illegally formed
                        by FirstBubba
                        Number 1 - the committee was SUPPOSED to be composed of 8 (D)'s and 5 (R)'s.
                        Pelosi rejected three of the (R) members and filled the spots with...
                        06-11-2022, 08:51 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X