Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

where is the worst place you have gotten poison ivy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is the worst place you have gotten poison ivy?

where is the worst place you have gotten poison ivy?

you dont wanna know

Comment

Same as deadeyedave08, you don't want to know. To put it nicely I have had it all over my physical being. Here in the south it is EVERYWHERE but I have had it so often that my body had built up an immunity to it.

Comment

We have goat on the farm I live on. The goats eat poision ivy. I drinl the milk. I am pretty much immune to poision. But this doesn't work for everyone. My mom and sisters still get it, but my dadand I don't. I wonder if it really has anything to do with the milk at all.

Comment

Guess?

Comment

I seemed immune to it until I climbed a tree covered with it. Got it pretty much everywhere.

Comment

I don't get poison ivy. I could probably roll in the stuff, but I'm not about to try.

Comment

Like shane, Idon't get it. Caught myself chasing golfballs in it many times and never got it. Guess I'm lucky.

Comment

My son got it in his eyes, I got it after urinating.

Comment

I have had it just about everywhere at one time or another. The worst was probably the time when I was a child and broke off a twig, and chewed on it. Mouth, eyes, ears, and nose are the worst. Of course, the place everyone else alludes to is no picnic.

Comment

My son has had it from his toes to the top of his head, in ears and eyes.

Comment

not alllergic

Comment

Missed poison ivy, but poison oak is common in southern California and I've gotten that three times. Despite the effort to wash in a creek with soap, I missed some of it on my leg and arm, and it eventually spread. It was summer, and everywhere I perspired seemed to be affected. On the first occasion, I was photographing a reptile (a gopher snake) and wasn't watching the vegetation around me. On another, I was crawling through brush on Camp Pendleton. On the last, I stopped at roadside to repair a flat tire on my bicycle. I live in NW Oregon now, and haven't seen poison oak in 12 years, though you can bet I still look for it so I can avoid it.

Comment

I heard a guy tell of his worst experience, seems he contracted poison ivy so bad that it got on his brain. The only thing that would give him any relief was to think about sandpaper!

Gotcha!

Comment

well poison ivy oak or sumak i've had it all from head to tow and i cant figure out which was worse having my eye's sealed shut in basic training because of the stuff or the place no one wants the stuff on either side either way i hate the stuff and being from texas you can bet i get it about once a year atleast

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad