No announcement yet.

I live in central Texas and I need to know the best place to go crappie fishing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I live in central Texas and I need to know the best place to go crappie fishing

I live in central Texas and I need to know the best place to go crappie fishing

Oh about three weeks ago i would say my brother and wife and i went to lake travis and in about 4 hours caught about 20 crappie keepers and three large mouth keepers.

Comment

lake fork can have great crappie fishing is you hit it at the right time.

Comment

In central Texas it would be Lake Travis or Sommerville whichever is closer. Central Texas is a pretty large area.

Comment

belton lake

Comment

Somerville
            Gibbon's Creek
            Conroe

These are the lakes I fish the most and they are loaded with nice size crappie

Comment

well this all depends on what you consider central texas as driving about an hour of north central texas will put you around possum kingdom which is not that good of a crappie lake however lake graham and eddleman are loaded with big crappie as are the creeks and rivers in the area best bet though is to get ya some river minnows and a float tube or small boat and go down the river and fish the brush piles you will limit out in no time 9 out of 10 times usually with monsters

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad