Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i just ordered that Banjo Minnow off the web, i saw the thing they had on tv, and thought that it was a good deal. have any of

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i just ordered that Banjo Minnow off the web, i saw the thing they had on tv, and thought that it was a good deal. have any of

i just ordered that Banjo Minnow off the web, i saw the thing they had on tv, and thought that it was a good deal. have any of you ever used it, was it worth the 20$ i spent on it? or did i just get played by the tv spot?

Sorry, I don't buy those T.V. gimmicks. But some other guys on here have used it and had success.

Comment

You got played by the infamous TV infomercial. Other soft plastics work just as well and they are less than 5 bucks a bag. On the other side of things....in the world of fishing lures, 20 bucks isnt really that much.

Comment

Yep sorry, you got suckered! Go to Wally World you can get the same thing for around 5 bucks for 8 or 10. I'd leave that 20 dollar one in the box and show it off on special occations! :P

Comment

Fish will take the Banjo Minnow when they are biting but the Banjo Minnow is surely no miracle lure. I have fished them and they are no better than a typical rubber worm.

Comment

i've used them before and never caught anything on them u got suckered like i did.

Comment

I don't have one yet, but I am anxious. I can't wait to tie one on the line of my Popeil Pocket Fisherman.

Comment

I have used them before, they are not all they are cracked up to be. They will catch some fish, but they are not the magic bait they make them out to be.

Not really worth the money.

Comment

I recieved them as a gift and have caught fish on them. It did not take long to quit rigging them up like they show on TV though. I started texas rigging the longer ones and using the shorter ones on jig heads.

They are definately not magic.

Comment

they arent magic however i find that in my part of texas they are probably the best bait in the spring and early summer and on early mornings in the summer very similir to a zulu or bass assassin just slimmer and has a slightly different fall and they seem to jump a little easier if used correctly

Comment

I hate to admit it but I just bought some 3 wks ago and I must say I did not get suckered. I think most of the posters that warn against buying them have not tried them. Having to do it over again I would have ordered a few things seperatly and put together my own "kit" The patterns that come with the set or ok but they have others on the website. After trying them out on some ponds near Pueblo Co I caught quite a few nice bass I went home and ordered different patterns. I tried the new ones in the Arkansas and even the trout hit them well. Next week I am off to try them on some pike. I like them and reccomend them, but I must say they are not a miracle lure but I will continue to use them. As I will continue to use zoom, berkley crankbaits spinners etc.

Comment

Agreed with hengst answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad