Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What do you do, if anything, to keep your tackle box from smelling like fish and river water at the end of the day? Open mine up

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What do you do, if anything, to keep your tackle box from smelling like fish and river water at the end of the day? Open mine up

What do you do, if anything, to keep your tackle box from smelling like fish and river water at the end of the day? Open mine up and you will have to step back a few paces or hold your nose lol

for my tackle box, i am lucky enough to have my grandfathers old metal tacklebox, which i dont think they make metal tackleboxs anmore but i usually wash it down and then apply a light oil

Comment

I have never noticed any fishy odors in my tackle box. Have you ever stored live bait in there somewhere?
      If I were you, I would empty it, wash it down with Clorox and give it a fresh start.

Comment

yup, sometimes you just got to emtpy the box out and wash it. mine gets prety bad

Comment

Take everything out and fill it up with mouthwash then wash with water. It is great for getting rid of fish smells. I use it on my hands after i get done at the lake and it works like a charm.

Comment

just take everything out and give a through cleaning at the end of the season

Comment

Sprinkle with baking soda, maybe even leaving a little in the bottom to be changed from time to time.

Comment

mine have never gotten that bad.

Comment

It seems the on Questions of have disabled the Like buttons? Anyone else notice this?

Comment

I use several old huge metal Umco tackle boxes. All I have to do is open them up and let them bake in the sun and it kills most odors. But when I go fishing I like to use cardboard boxes. I take what I think I will need out of the big tackle boxes and put it in the "cigar" size boxes. They take up much less room amd can be recycled after use. If I lose one of the small cardboard boxes it does not wipe me out. And best of all, the cardboard does not overheat to hurt or react with my soft plastics.

Comment

To some of us, the stench of catfish bait and mosquito repellant is a fine perfume. Reminds me of fishing with my Grandpa when I was a little kid.

Comment

A light spray of Clorox, then leave in the sun to dry.

Comment

I've never had that problem. I can sometimes smell some of the plastics that are flavored but that is about it. Then again I don't kepp any prepared bait in my tacklebox.

Comment

empty it out and quickly wash it with bleach and then rinse VERY WELL.

Comment

Empty the box, rinse and dry. Then put a cup with a few tablespoons of ground coffee in the box, close it and leave it overnight. The coffee grounds will asorb the smell. Just make sure you don't make coffee with it when you are done!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Do you use a walking stick?
                                by PigHunter
                                Do you use a walking stick when you hike? If so, what do you prefer? Is it something you've made or is it store-bought?

Do you use trekking...
                                07-18-2019, 12:33 PM
                              • Reply to Do you use a walking stick?
                                by Ontario Honker Hunter
                                Flagging tape holds a knot better than slippery paracord (which isn't saying much because that crap won't hold a knot worth beans). It's not as strong...
                                Today, 08:07 AM
                              • Hijacked tankers
                                by jhjimbo
                                Iran has 3 oil tankers (not ours) should we do anything ? What ? Be realistic, attacking the tankers would probably result in them being burned.
                                Yesterday, 05:50 PM
                              • Reply to Hijacked tankers
                                by FirstBubba
                                Let's not forget the chant, "Death to America!", burning American flags and presidential effigys.
                                Irans' burning desire to wipe Israel...
                                Today, 07:58 AM
                              • News Flash
                                by jhjimbo
                                anybody worth $15.00 an hour is probably already making $15.00 an hour.
                                Yesterday, 08:36 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X