Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Has anyone here ever bowfished for anything other than carp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Agreed with BamaCreekBum answer above and A + 1 for you sir!!!

Leave a comment:

• Cgull
    replied
    There are lots of night bowfishing for gar on lake Dardanell in Arkansas. I've wondered if this has any kind of adverse effect on the bass who try to feed in the shallows at night. I see a few bowfisherman going for flounder, drum and sheepshead on the texas coast. Stick a 20-60 lb drum and you've got some fight comming.On the other hand, I dont think a arrow is a good way to go for flounder, as there are way too many tear offs.

Leave a comment:

• kishkin
    replied
    I really like your state year round, whiteriverguide1,except for the summer time and tax season

Leave a comment:

• kishkin
    replied
    I've never done this myself, but I'm sure, in IL besides carp you can bowfish or spear for buffalo

Leave a comment:

• slothman
    replied
    I bow fish for big gator gar down here in the texas coastal swamps.

Leave a comment:

• whiteriverguide1
    replied
    Heck Yeah! Gar nuggets in my future! Just about their spawn season here in the Ozarks. We have a catfish season here as well. I guide for bowfishing on Bull Shoals Lake. Any rough fish year round is our state rule.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Hmmm, yeah, I believe so. I live in the Great State of Montana. I live on a Reservation, by the way, so it could be different from that State regs.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Gar in Saginaw Bay. rezavoirdog is that legal in your state, we can't do that here and we can't fish them during spawning season either.

Leave a comment:

• BamaCreekBum
    replied
    I know some people who bowfish for gar.

Leave a comment:

• rezavoirdog
    replied
    Pike! When they are spawning, they are literally right off the bank! Hard to catch with fishing tackle, but man are the a blast to bowfish!

Leave a comment:

• Has anyone here ever bowfished for anything other than carp?

Has anyone here ever bowfished for anything other than carp?

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad