Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone annoyed or terrorized by the recreational boaters/jet skiers? What have you done to discourage them so you can fish in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone annoyed or terrorized by the recreational boaters/jet skiers? What have you done to discourage them so you can fish in

Is anyone annoyed or terrorized by the recreational boaters/jet skiers? What have you done to discourage them so you can fish in peace?

Nope. Don't live by a lake.

Comment

Well I go up to the lake every summer and I just go where there arnt many boaters. I dont want to start getting in a fight I just try to stay out of trubble. And also you cant get them all to go away alright its just not going to happen. But what I do is I wait untill night to fish and then there arnt many boaters out. So your happy cause you get to fish. and they get to boat and jet ski, sure you dont get more time fishing but fish dont really feed that much in the afternoon, so like I said you arnt going to to get every one to stop having fun boating and stuff. Its just not going to happen.

Comment

well i use golf balls, i have a little piece of astro turf that i have a tee set up on, i get old useless balls. and watch the duck.

Comment

I had a great uncle that created his own special piece of tackle just for the guys on jet skis. I would guess it had over a hundred treble hooks attached to it and had a dedicated pole. When they started getting too close to his fishing boat he would do his best to snag one.

Comment

We have a law in our state that they can't get with in 100 feet of an anchored boat. They also have to be registered like a regular boat, numbers and all. If one bugs you take down the numbers and call it in. I despise the little ....

Comment

I agree, they're highly annoying, and dangerous. I believe being a knucklehead is prerequisite to owning one.

Comment

We have problems with recreational canoes. Every summer we have the aluminus flotilla hatch and the flyfishing waters get packed with them. Most are quite courteous but I have been run into a couple of times by those who were not paying attention or who couldn't steer the darn things. Best to fish early and late when the numbers are down and spend the middle of the day on a no motor lake or back at camp.

Comment

In Ohio we have a lot of lakes restricted to less than 10hp motors. I see no reason to hit the big motor lakes when there are so many restricted lakes around.

Comment

I just call the numbers in to the DNR and let them take care of them.

Comment

In Florida, they are all over the place. Sadly, a lot of the lakes are becoming more recreational than anything. A lot of the times, I just wave them over and ask them to keep there distance because I am fishing. Usually they keep their distance but there are sometimes where I unfortunantly have to call it in.

Comment

My son and wife and i do alot of fishing from a dock on a reservior. We get these knuckleheads (my nice word) go by at 40 mph in the no wake zone and it's enough to about make you puke when the waves catch up. It's nice for making the bobber give some action though.

Comment

Fish in 4 feet of water and you usually won't have that problem. If I do i get a casting cork in a bright color and try to throw it over the rope. They never know there is no hook on it.

Comment

When I'm in a kayak or canoe or fishing in a boat, I get pissed at the rec boaters and jet skiers.

When I am trying to water ski, I get pissed at the slow, in the way kayakers.

Guess it all depends...

Comment

when you plan on fishing in one particular spot for a while I tend to take some cheap buoys and throw them over the edge of the boat in kind of a circle making sure they don't go within that circle.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad