Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is anyone annoyed or terrorized by the recreational boaters/jet skiers? What have you done to discourage them so you can fish in

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is anyone annoyed or terrorized by the recreational boaters/jet skiers? What have you done to discourage them so you can fish in

Is anyone annoyed or terrorized by the recreational boaters/jet skiers? What have you done to discourage them so you can fish in peace?

Generally I find places where they can't ski. I try to find secluded coves and shallow areas that still hold fish but you would have to be insane to ski in there. I do have a friend that will tie on a small weight to his spin casting rod and if the come too close he will fling that little weight and hit the side of their boat with it. I would not recommend doing this however.

Comment

I ski in those places...

But I also fish there, and have plenty of peace.

Apparently my cousin and I are the wildest guys on the lake. Either that, or we learned to ski behind a boat that may or may not be driven by drunk old guys...

Comment

I have a private lake and I get plenty of peace around my neighborhood!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad