Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I've heard a couple of different theories and i wanted to get the straight story. I've always heard that the fish hardly ever bi

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've heard a couple of different theories and i wanted to get the straight story. I've always heard that the fish hardly ever bi

I've heard a couple of different theories and i wanted to get the straight story. I've always heard that the fish hardly ever bite after a storm, any truth to this??

yes and no it depends on where you are

Comment

well, i have had no experience with this, but after a rain terrestrials and bugs are washed i and make an easy meal for fish... this could have positive or negative affects.

Comment

I don't know about after I'm usually gone, but before a storm is usually good.

Comment

We fish during the storm (if there is no thunder), before the storm, and after the storm. But this was only for trout and salmon on a wilderness stream in northern maine

Comment

storms are typically caused by cold fronts moving thru an area and the barametric pressures start to fall. Fish become lethargic and fishing is typically rough.

Comment

I suppose I have not fished much following a storm but I can tell you that prior to one the fishing is usually better than average. Perhaps the changing barometric pressure has some effect.

Comment

And the alternative to not fishing is?

Comment

I'm with raw art. I still fish when they don't bite. Either way. I've had some great days after a storm passes. I've had some bad days.

Comment

if you can go before the storm, but if you cant its better to be fishing and not catching anything, than to set at the house and catch the "i cant help its"

Comment

I have always had great success right before and right after a storm. Catfish seem to really get turned on after a storm finishes.

Bass and Crappie are hit or miss, but after a storm fishing has resulted in some of my best catches.

Comment

When I am on the river I have had great success after a storm has rolled through, but on the resevoir storms have made for some slow days.

Comment

it all depends on location and what your fishing for i have caught my biggest trout during and after a snow storm but then again i have caught some very nice bass and crappie before the storm but not much after and i have caught good sized cats before during and after storms then again i have been skunked as well during the same situations just different locations

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad