Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

whats your favorite rod to use?? ive put this under more freshwater but saltwaters good too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• whats your favorite rod to use?? ive put this under more freshwater but saltwaters good too

whats your favorite rod to use?? ive put this under more freshwater but saltwaters good too

I use an ugly stik and it has not let me down yet.

Comment

Well it has to depend on where your fishing and what your fishing for.
      Me personally, I prefer to use my fly-rod, just on account of all the action and plus, I dont really GO after anything thats bigger than a largemouth or a really huge brown trout.
      But if I had to choose for any other type of rod, it would have to be anything made by Shakespere or Abu Garcia. I have fished with these types of rods my entire life and also has my father. They are great and are reliable for years.

Comment

I prefer spincasting rods and reels by Shakesphere (Ugly Stick) and Pfluger

Comment

I use Ugly Sticks with either Quantum or Pfluger reels.

Comment

I built a 9' #9 flyrod from my selection of the parts I wanted (not a kit) to fish big, windy, west coast rivers. It is a pleasure to use and the results have been most encouraging.

Comment

I guess I need to grow up (not really) but I absolutely love my Lamiglas Cascade Pro. It's 8'6" medium/light action and can handle 20# steelies. it performs like nothing else I've ever held. Oh, and I use a spinning reel.

Comment

I have this old 5.5' Daiwa ultralight, and it has hauled in a lot of fish, most of them "too big" for an UL rod.

One time in Devil's Hole near Niagara falls we were jigging for bronzebacks. We caught some big ones, but we ended up catching more and bigger freshwater drum (or sheepshead, or whatever you like to call them) than I have ever seen. Those things can fight! The rod survived that, plus quite a few big northerns out of the Connecticut River that I caught "by accident". If you fish for perch in spring there, hold onto your butt. You might catch a small perch, only to have it gobbled by a jumbo pike on a feeding rage.

Comment

an amazing rod is Abu Garcia, Quantum, and last but not least, Rhino

Comment

UGLY STIK MEDIUM ACTION 6'6 SPINNING ROD

Comment

UGLY STIK CANNOT BE BEAT FOR PRICE. john Merwin did a test on rod break strenght on 5 fishing poles awhile ago, the ugly stick is the only one that didnt break at 55 POUNDS!!!

Comment

Pfluegger reels; ugly stick rods for the most part. My snagging/river rods and reels are shimano.

Comment

Ugly Stick makes a great all around rod.

Berkley Reflex Rods are great for catfishing, 8-9 ft model has never let me down.

Comment

I have spin casting reels by St.Croix,medium heavy.

Comment

Shakesphere Ugly Stick for me!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad