Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i love 2 fish with worms so i want 2 start a worm farm with 70$ bucks or less if u have any worm farm plans i want 2 here them i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love 2 fish with worms so i want 2 start a worm farm with 70$ bucks or less if u have any worm farm plans i want 2 here them i

i love 2 fish with worms so i want 2 start a worm farm with 70$ bucks or less if u have any worm farm plans i want 2 here them i live in a hot state

first dig out your desiered area 3x4 is pretty good and about 2 1/2 to 3 feet deep then mix up some dirt with potting soil, mulch, dirt, and a little manure. water it every day the more moist you keep it the better and put you vegetable scraps in and turn it every once in a while. also you want to keep it covered either with burlap or an old peice of plywood. Hope this helps and good luck.

Comment

They have worm farm starter kits at Wal-Mart and stuff. How big do you want it? Is it just for you? These kits are more than enough for one person.

Comment

Check out this link from NC State:

http://www.bae.ncsu.edu/topic/vermicomposting/vermiculture/

Comment

Same here, they have worm kits at Walmart that should suffice. They are pretty cheap too.

Comment

One thing you could try is collecting your worms for your worm farm by catching night crawlers in the early spring at night after or during heavy rain and or thunder storms. alot of times i will find night crawlers on the road (country roads). i can catch up to a thousand in one stormy night. I have a worm farm in my basement. it consist of a very large cooler with very small holes. topsoil for bedding and corn flakes for their food. cooler has to be tight or the will escape.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad