Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i love 2 fish with worms so i want 2 start a worm farm with 70$ bucks or less if u have any worm farm plans i want 2 here them i

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i love 2 fish with worms so i want 2 start a worm farm with 70$ bucks or less if u have any worm farm plans i want 2 here them i

i love 2 fish with worms so i want 2 start a worm farm with 70$ bucks or less if u have any worm farm plans i want 2 here them i live in a hot state

Start a worm farm to sell them or just for personal use? If just for personal use set up a 4x8 patch of decent soil/compost about 1' deep and cover with a sheet of plywood. When you want worms just lift the wood, scoop some worms into a container and go fishing.
    For a farm you need some land.

Comment

I used to raise worms under my rabbit cages. The rabbit manure seemed to attract the worms. We would mix rice hulls with the manure to keep it from getting too clumped up and easier for the worms to work the manure. The rabbits were tasty after they grew a little (we raised them to eat) and anytime I wanted some fishing worms a turn of a shovel or two always filled my worm can. The worms also helped keep the manure odor down. After raising rabbits for about 10 years and having up to 120 at one time we planted a garden where the rabbit cages were and had a fantastic garden...talk about super rich soil!

Comment

They have worm kits at Walmart that should suffice. They are pretty cheap too.

Comment

I use an old 100qt cooler. I buried it, used some fresh soil, shredded news paper. Burying the cooler keeps the cooler...well, cool.

And to stock it. You know how to pick nightcrawlers right?

Comment

http://www.opentutorial.com/index.php?title=Make_a_worm_farm

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad