Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anyone have experience with the shakespear "mantis" rod? I just bought one at wal-mart for 15 bucks. I simply couldn't pass it u

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anyone have experience with the shakespear "mantis" rod? I just bought one at wal-mart for 15 bucks. I simply couldn't pass it u

anyone have experience with the shakespear "mantis" rod? I just bought one at wal-mart for 15 bucks. I simply couldn't pass it up. It seems to be good quality, I quess I'll find out soon.

I have found all the Shakespeare rods to give you adequate value for the money. The quantity that they are made and sold in allow for a product that would be more expensive under different manufacturing and marketing conditions. Overall they are a great deal, but they are still a low end product. Do not expect them to be in the same class as high end products. Use it and enjoy it. A string tied to your big toe, tree limb, cane pole, or even a bleach bottle that catches fish is what it is all about anyhow.

Comment

Thanks, I've never used a "high end" rod before, so to me Shakespeare is currently the best. I have owned several Shakespeare rods and have really liked them. They catch fish and that's all that matters to me. Some day I want to get a St. Croix rod! That would be a dream come true!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad