Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I like to fish but im not sure what to use... what lures and or baits should I use on bass and catfish? please help me.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I like to fish but im not sure what to use... what lures and or baits should I use on bass and catfish? please help me.

I like to fish but im not sure what to use... what lures and or baits should I use on bass and catfish? please help me.

Well to begin, Night crawlers will catch most fish. Depends on your fishing situation. River, lake, boat, shore? Where abouts are you in the U.S.?If you can give a little more detail we will try our hardest to help you out.

Comment

well i live in New Hampshire and i fish for them in a pond and some times the river.

Comment

I assuming bass in the pond and cats in the river. There is several routes you can take. I fish in Nothern WI and I swear by the Rapalas Tiger Shark F7 and F9. Not saying it will work in New Hamspire.

Far a cats go it seems like everybody has their own secert weapon. The home made stuff usally works the best.

Head to a local bait shop. Not a big chain, but a locally owned run down bait shop. Tell them you situation. Most likely they will tell you what they are bitting and where. Also the old timers can you tell you the best secrets! They would just tell anybody but if you just listen to their stories and be their friend they will most likely to past their knowledge to you.

Comment

bass lures will catch bass and catfish ive seen it done it was cool.

Comment

wow you most be pretty new to fishing but here is my suggestion for you, bass will go for just about any tip of worm but I especially prefer the pink as well as the watermelon trick worms by Zoom.

Comment

for cats in ponds use nightcrawlwers, chicken livers, small baitfish hooked through the gills so they bleed a lot, some of the store bought stuff works, crickets, grass hoppers, grub worms, etc.
              As for bass, i like to throw a pro strike buzzbait in yellow or white,black at night, hula poppers, devils horses, zoom trick or fineese worms in pink, watermelon seed or white, zoom lizards in watermelon, pumpkin or chateuse, boo-yah pond magic spinnerbaits in wasp w/ gold colorado blades or white w/ silver blades. Beetlespins work well in yellow w/ black stripes and vice versa. In clear water use dark colors and gold blades, clear water use lighter colors and silver blades. hope this helps

Comment

the water color is a merky brown though....

Comment

for those cats throw out a five inch live bluegill hooked behind the dorsal fin

Comment

For cats, where legal I use leopard frogs. I fish on the Red River of the North in ND and MN border. I have caught 20lb cats on leechs, nightcrawlers and other live bait. Big sucker minnows work at times also. But the best for big cats have been those frogs, sometimes takes longer for a bite but they have been almost always a big channel cat. Always with big sinkers to keep the bait on the bottom and in place. Current is strong in that river. Good circle hooks a must. As for Bass I've had some success with the frogs and other live baits but other posts can help you more there.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Get Off Social Media
                      by Danbo
                      It’s also what Democrats wanted with mueller so they could damage trump. Also Biden May have wanted the prosecutor in Ukraine investigating burisma...
                      Today, 08:46 PM
                    • Get Off Social Media
                      by jhjimbo
                      A talking head on MSMBC said people should "get off social media" . Now why would she feel people should get off social media ? I suspect...
                      Today, 04:10 PM
                      by 99explorer
                      Although there may be nothing corrupt to be disclosed by an investigation, just the announcement of a pending criminal investigation would inflict damage...
                      Today, 08:39 PM
                      by Danbo
                      99 I didn’t understand your response!
                      Today, 07:54 PM
                      by 99explorer
                      Danbo - Fine with me. Investigate away.
                      Just leave out the announcement of the investigation.
                      Today, 07:41 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X