Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

what is the best live bait 4 catfishing?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what is the best live bait 4 catfishing?

what is the best live bait 4 catfishing?

Shad and night crawlers work pretty well when alive but I dont really fish catfish with live bait. I usually just put on a turkey/chicken liver and that is how I catch mine and it works all the time. The only other live bait would be your hang and to o some noodlin' but i highly doubt you are up for that

Comment

Goldfish work well.

Comment

I don't think goldfish are legal to use as bait. Especially for live bait.

Comment

I just use your average night crawler. They have always worked well over the years.

Comment

shad and gills.

Comment

take a minnow (or two) and hook them directly in the middle of the body (it should start wiggling) then take a little garlic salt and load the minnow in garlic salt...put a split shot about 5 inches above the hook (dont put it to high you want the bait to stay close to the bottom)

Comment

take a minnow (or two) and hook them directly in the middle of the body (it should start wiggling) then take a little garlic salt and load the minnow in garlic salt...put a split shot about 5 inches above the hook (dont put it to high you want the bait to stay close to the bottom)

Comment

Nightcrawlers. Live minnows are illegal here, but dead ones do well.

Comment

For flatheads I like live bream (sunfish). They will work for large channels and blues also. I prefer worms or cut bait for the previous two.

Comment

Night crawlers, but I usualy use cut bait.

Comment

Night crawlers have worked best for me to catch smaller catfish, but for the big one like cut bait or live herring.

Comment

Night crawlers work the best for me. Sometimes I'll catch small bluegill then use them for bait.

Comment

night crawlers and worms

Comment

Bluegill

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad