Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody ever catch a sturgeon?? If so, how big, where, lure/bait ect..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anybody ever catch a sturgeon?? If so, how big, where, lure/bait ect..

Anybody ever catch a sturgeon?? If so, how big, where, lure/bait ect..

I caught one once while walleye fishing on lake Winnebago in Wisconsin, fought it for close to an hour, got it up to the boat but didn't get it in.

Comment

When I was a kid I was fishing for crappie in some tailwaters using a jig, and minnows. Hooked into a sturgeon. Let's just say it wouldn't fit in the landing net.

Comment

I have not.

Comment

In MT we have the palid and shovelnose sturgeon, one of 'em is rare and use must release immediateley but I can't remember which one that is.

But whatever the legal one is I've caught alot of. Probably the biggest about 6 or 7 lbs.

Comment

I have not gotten one yet!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to 300 yard .22lr
              by fitch270
              I wouldn’t spend that much on a 10/22 but I might on a bolt gun. For that kind of money I expect some style to go with it, of the Cooper or Annie level....
              Today, 01:40 PM
            • 300 yard .22lr
              by jhjimbo
              Would you spend $900 for a Ruger 10/22 to shoot 300yds ? A little over 1" at 100 and a little 0ver 6" at 300yds. Lapua and SK ammo used....
              Today, 11:28 AM
            • Reply to Cheaper Than Dirt
              by jhjimbo
              I like the Remington Golden Saber Black Belt 147gr 9mm (not +P) and the 180gr in .40. Check out the statistics. Some LEO friends always suggest the heavy...
              Today, 01:28 PM
            • Cheaper Than Dirt
              by jhjimbo
              Lots of ammo back in stock, but the prices are right up there to....
              Today, 12:21 PM
            • Reply to Trump
              by Ontario Honker Hunter
              So Trumpish. Everything is about looking for dirt. Or making it up (e.g. the "birther" crap). The guy couldn't win on his merits ... because...
              Today, 01:28 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X