• montrose man

• montrose man
    replied
    i've caught cats on frogs with weights

Leave a comment:

• SexiFishinGirl

• SexiFishinGirl
    replied
    Chicken liver is the best bait i have ever used that works really well for catfish........

Leave a comment:

• texastriedandtrue

• texastriedandtrue
    replied
    i fish for flatheads and blues mainly so i would have to say either fresh shad or lively bluegill

Leave a comment:

• dwaynez
    ⭐⭐⭐

• dwaynez
    replied
    Shad
    Perch/Tilapia
    Shrimp
    Beef Liver
    Beef Heart

Leave a comment:

• snowninja
    replied
    Me and my brothers fave is chicken livers/ hearts. The hearts hold up a little better. But the biggest catfish I've ever seen caught first hand was a 64lb channel cat caught on a 2" goldfish.

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Worms, cutbait, shrimp

Leave a comment:

• timothyfaw
    ⭐⭐

• timothyfaw
    replied
    worms

Leave a comment:

• CRAWLIFE
    replied
    JIM IN MO Thats awesome! I had a similar expirience on a farmpond.I was sitting underneath a mullberry tree and I kept seeing cats hitting the top.I thought maybe they were hitting on grasshoppers.I tried that but it didn't work.Thats when I realized they were nailing falling mullberries.I took off my wieghts and just let a single mulberry float on top.They would nail it as soon as it hit the water.Topwater catfishin' with mullberries? Probably not my weapon of choice but it made for a good day.

Leave a comment:

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    you cant go wrong with a nightcrawler

Leave a comment:

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐

• TheEasternShoreHunter
    replied
    stink bait is pretty good

Leave a comment:

• codymeyer11
    ⭐⭐

• codymeyer11
    replied
    chicken liver son u know that...is this jp?

Leave a comment:

• jay
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• jay
    replied
    You reminded me of something JimInMo. My dad and myself use to commerical fish using hoop nets. My job was to clean the catfish as dad filleted and scored the buffalo. On several occasions when I opened the belly of the catfish a live baitfish would start flopping on the cleaning table.

Leave a comment:

• jay
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• jay
    replied

I mostly catfish now in in the mississippi river at a lock and damn. The current is amazing and you need something that stays on the hook. We always use a castnet and use shad or skip jack. We typically are fishing for big blue cats so we will hook the entire shad or skip jack. during times when its hard to catch baitfish we will cut them up.

Leave a comment:

• Jim in Mo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

• Jim in Mo
    replied
    Crawlife,
    I was fishing on a smaller river here catching cats and while cleaning noticed their bellies were full of persimmons. Checked the next time out and I had been anchored below a persimmon tree that was hanging over the river edge.

Leave a comment:

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How To Do It Right
    DakotaMan
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by DakotaMan
    Yes, it is from chatter from the rifling button. If they lapped the barrel, that would be gone. If it isn't too bad, it will wear away from shooting....
    Today, 01:00 PM
  • How To Do It Right
    jhjimbo
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by jhjimbo
    Read the article by Joel Hutchcroft on how He and the other Editors use the proper Break-In procedure recommended by two of the top barrel manufacturers....
    01-03-2022, 07:19 PM
  • Reply to Ronald Reagan
    MattM37
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by MattM37
    Once it was known Reagan would live, and that the incident wasn't going to cause a nuclear war, I think its main effect (along with a lot of gun control...
    Today, 01:00 PM
  • Ronald Reagan
    MattM37
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by MattM37
    What were you doing the day Reagan was shot?

I was in second grade. I remember getting off the bus and going in the house -- my mom...
    Yesterday, 07:55 PM
  • Reply to The "Gap"!
    FirstBubba
    ⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
    by FirstBubba
    “but they make your kids pay for all that money I get to put in the market” !

Bhr, this, I presume, from the same who thinks the unvaxxed...
    Today, 12:19 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
Working...
X