Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

They've closed down fishing the Deschutes River in Oregon for spring salmon. The fish count is supposed to be down to 400, which

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• They've closed down fishing the Deschutes River in Oregon for spring salmon. The fish count is supposed to be down to 400, which

They've closed down fishing the Deschutes River in Oregon for spring salmon. The fish count is supposed to be down to 400, which is pretty sad. Is this happening a lot around the country?

Our streams in the Appalachian mountains have seen rough times due to the drought. Streams with big fish were hit hard by low water levels and high temps this past summer and the summer before.

Comment

Same her in Cal. A number off rivers are closed or restricted. They even shut down the offshore salmon season because the count for salmon returning to spawn was so low. Not good!

Comment

Kkeltic I heard about that. I'm from California originally and I have some pretty disappointed friends down there.

Comment

I know. It is a sad thing to see

Comment

in maine all rivers were closed to atlantic fishing of atlantic salmon. Then 2 years ago they had a catch and release season, then as always they closed it again

Comment

As far as steelhead, most of the declining numbers are on the West Coast. Here in the midwest, the Great Lakes tribs are doing great, then again, these aren't 'native' fish. I spent a few weeks this past summer doing renovation work on steelhead spawning grounds in CA, and it was disturbing to see what habitat destruction coupled with entirely overpopulated seal numbers do to these steelhead. It really is a shame, then again, that's why I felt obligated to do my part.

Comment

Beekeeper, our trout streams here in NC were also lousy during the summer months. The warden said that there wasn't enough water to stay cold, so the water got too warm and the trout died off. They only stock in spring, so this ruined fishing for the rest of the year. It was exceptionally good while it lasted and I caught limits on several occasions.

Comment

Hopefully this year 2010 will be better for trout fishing here in NC!!!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to We Don't NEED
                    by rock rat
                    Turd herder? Bubba did you used to work at the wastewater plant?

Am Flyer, much appreciated but it's kind of a lost cause here.
                    Today, 01:18 PM
                  • We Don't NEED
                    by jhjimbo
                    We may want, but we do not NEED.
                    We don't need a female President just to have a female President. We especially don't need a black female President...
                    Yesterday, 07:33 AM
                  • Reply to We Don't NEED
                    by Ontario Honker Hunter
                    Perhaps it's time to think about scheduling one of Trump's cognitive tests? ...
                    Today, 01:08 PM
                  • Reply to What Would Your World Be Like ?
                    by Amflyer
                    If Joe Biden and Nancy Pelosi were alive today, they would not think this meme to be in good taste. Shame on you. ...
                    Today, 01:04 PM
                  • What Would Your World Be Like ?
                    by jhjimbo
                    Have you thought about what your world would be like if you could not legally own a firearm ??...
                    Yesterday, 04:12 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X