Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have any plans for a vertical rod rack that i could mount to the wall? i want one but i dont want to shell out the m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have any plans for a vertical rod rack that i could mount to the wall? i want one but i dont want to shell out the m

Does anyone have any plans for a vertical rod rack that i could mount to the wall? i want one but i dont want to shell out the money haha.

Alex, in all honesty, unless you want something really pretty or made of fine hardwood, by the time you spend money on the material, you're better off buying Berkley Vert racks. They're pretty darn cheap. I use Berkley Racks for everything. Got them in my boat and one room with them all across the ceiling. They work well. Here's a link

http://www.berkley-fishing.com/prod.php?k=79563&sk=79563&u=RACKS

Verticals are $12. Hard to beat.

Comment

Ya definately. thanks i appreciate it.

Comment

I took a piece of scrap 2x4 ran it through the table saw, cutting off a 1/2 inch piece about 4 ft long and some 1/4 inch rubber tubing. I mounted the wood to the wall and cut the tubing into pieces about 1 inch long then cut it down the middle and screwed those to the wood. It's not pretty, but it is cheap and it does work

Comment

Pool stick rack!

Comment

I used one of those 3" or so narrow decorative shelves you get at lowe's or home depot and drilled 1 1/4" inch holes in it ($10). Then I got 7 key chain rings and hooked them to the wall. The shelf is 1' off the floor and the rings are at 6'. Works great and looks alot more refined then that cheap crap you can buy, that is overpriced. The whole thing cost me $17 for each one. I keep adding more.

Comment

my dad took two small birch logs and drilled holes in one and partial holes in the bottom one. Mount them far enough apart that the rods can be lifted in and out. Doubles as a pool cue rack and looks great.

Comment

I buy the Berkley rack with the styrafoam slots. Instead of mounting them above/below as suggested, I mount them parallel to each other and get twice as many poles hanging there. The single styrafoam slot is stiff enough to hold up the rod.

Comment

JC, I've heard of mirrors on the ceiling but rod racks?

Comment

I think it would be pretty awesome to have a room with rods across the entire ceiling!

Comment

Agreed with Joe_Cermele!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad