Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

i am looking for a lake or river aroung chicago IL to go musky or pike fishing and if you have any ideas, what do you usually us

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i am looking for a lake or river aroung chicago IL to go musky or pike fishing and if you have any ideas, what do you usually us

i am looking for a lake or river aroung chicago IL to go musky or pike fishing and if you have any ideas, what do you usually use

Try at least a 9" steel/wire leader and a Mepps Spinner (or Dare Develd in Yellow and Red, dressed with a red and white Skirt...

Comment

Yea, Tommy, I told you what to use, as said above bucktails work best and don't skimp out on good leaders, when you break a huge fish off because you're leader sucks you will hate you're self.
      Try Blackwell for pike, and the DuPage river has pike and 'ski. Most likely you will have to go to Wisconsin to get into GOOD muskie water. Rember, getting a follow from a muskie in a weeks worth of fishing is good, catching one is a rare occurence, that is why good gear is required, you don't want to break off the only fish you hook in a week due to bad tackle.

Comment

YOU ARE NOT REAL FAR FROM LAKE ST.CLAIR BEST SPOT IN THE U.S.

Comment

There is a lot of good water near Chicago:

For pike: Kankakee River, Delavan, Geneva,

For muskies: Shabonna, Shelbyville, Pewaukee, north end of the Chain

Comment

Agreed with bear hunter!

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad