Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I have a new trolling motor (Minn-Kota) 30lbs. thrust. What is the best kind of battery and do I need anything else besides the

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• rudyglove27
    replied
    Optima Blue Top!

Leave a comment:

• davidlars99
    replied
    So far these are the choices I'm stuck with:

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_016446&id= 0012365013704a

http://www.gotbatteries.com/items.asp?params=batteries/SLA/1/Hawker/Enersys/SBS40/SL203/36L203S1

http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/links/link.jsp?type=product&cmCat=Related_IPL_013704&id= 0023033016446a

Leave a comment:

• davidlars99
    replied
    Hi all. Could you please help me out with choosing the battery for the same motor? hi_tail suggested Optima Blue Top, but I'm not sure which one is the right one. Maybe someone could post a link?... Thanks!

Leave a comment:

replied
    You can't go wrong with an Optima Blue Top. It has a low discharge rate, low internal resistance, and it'll pretty much power anything that's practical.

Leave a comment:

• Charley
    replied
    Better than a deep cycle battery is two. Set em up with a switch between the two.

Leave a comment:

• kjflorian
    replied
    I agree, just a good deep cycle battery. Put it in your basement during the winter.

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Thanks...except fot the Wolverine comment. HAHAHA

Leave a comment:

• wallofsam
    replied
    Thanks...

Leave a comment:

• buckhunter
    replied
    Congrats to the Big Ten Champs.

All you need is a good deep cycle battery and a charger and your set.

Leave a comment:

• VT Outdoorsman
    replied
    No you dont really need anything else. A good smart charger always helps with battery life, as it does not overcharge the batter. You could also get a batter meter that stays on the battery when you are using the trolling motor.

Leave a comment:

• bear hunter
    replied
    COME ON LETS GO WOLVERINES!!!!!!!!!

Leave a comment:

• Beekeeper
    replied
    Good deep cycle battery.

Leave a comment:

• I have a new trolling motor (Minn-Kota) 30lbs. thrust. What is the best kind of battery and do I need anything else besides the

I have a new trolling motor (Minn-Kota) 30lbs. thrust. What is the best kind of battery and do I need anything else besides the battery to ensure long motor and battery life? Also, go Michigan State Spartans!!!!!!!!

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad