Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rods

Moving spam.

If you want tell about your fly rod and reel.

I smoked enough Marlboro cigs to get the combo fishing outfit in a soft case. Change the pieces on the handle to fit either the fly reel or the spinning reel. Couldn't make the fly casting work to save my ass. Prolly cheap outfit that didn't work as a fly rod. Barely works as a spinning rig, upgraded the reel. Compact for travel, though.

Comment

Who was the Mfg. of the outfit ? I just picked up the 4 piece spin rod by Zebco. It is very light action so only good for crappie or small trout. Going to put my 33 Omega reel on it when I get it fixed, then hang it on the wall.
      BTW, if you call Zebco they might refer you to a repair man if they do not work on your model. Nice guy, he lives in Flagstaff. Has a lot of old parts and seems reasonable.

Comment

My favorite is a Orvis brook trout 4wt with a battenkill reel. The eastern streams I fish it works well it’s 7 1/2 ft . It’s pretty much useless on bigger water . For that kind of trout fishing I like a 8/12 to 9 ft 5 or 6 wt rod . I had a 5wt At 4 piece Rod that I would use out west, Orvis silver label. If it was windy I would over-line it with a 6wt wt forward floating . I gave that rod to my son in law.

Comment

My Marlboro kit is made by Shakespeare.

Comment

I have two fly rods: Scientific Angler 7 wt @ 8.5 ft and a Hurricane 9 wt @ 9ft. An 8/9 wt 3M System 2 reel and a cheap La Cross 6/7 wt reel.

Comment

I bought an El Cheapo fly rod and reel for $5 at a swap meet about 50 years ago. I've probably caught more fish on that combo than any other rod/reel I own. The primary reason is that I fished with it a LOT. I don't feel I've ever been constrained by it though. As far as I am concerned, it's job is to hold line and get the fly to a good location. It does that just fine.

Comment

Moving spam

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad