Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another newbie question regarding leader and tippet. Can you use regular fishing line for the leader? Lets say 8lb test for your

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I see now we where talking about two different things. My point was about actually casting the rod with different cast so you won’t get hinges in it. So your line does not get tangled up. So when you attacked me in one of your upper posts about the back cast you were not correct that’s all I’m getting at is casting a fly rod not going into detail on weights of rods and lines now. Remember this post is about newbies getting into fly fishing. So the 101 does not apply to them yet as they will learn it but should to you. The fly line weight does not cast a rod a person does if technically speaking.

Comment

The working of the rod casts the line, but whatever, over and out ! I am glad you enjoy that form of fishing, it has been my favorite for over 60 years !

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Red Dot's
        by PigHunter
        Jimbo, I've used a red dot scope on my crossbow and it was great in low light at the short distances I needed (up to 50 yards). However, the dot washed...
        Today, 10:10 AM
      • Red Dot's
        by jhjimbo
        What is the difference between a open Red Dot and a scope type Red Dot ? Function, operation, accuracy potential....
        Today, 09:41 AM
      • Reply to Red Dot's
        by fitch270
        I believe the biggest difference would be in speed of target acquisition related to field of view. The tube style have a bit of tunnel vision to them,...
        Today, 09:48 AM
      • Reply to Are You Ready For This ?
        by jhjimbo
        They can also create organs right now with 3d printing. Dr. mentioned that on Tucker show.
        Univ of Pittsburg has been growing organs for years...
        Today, 09:44 AM
      • Are You Ready For This ?
        by jhjimbo
        An American Scientist financed by Spain has gone to China to create an ape-human by combining a human embryo with a primate. I don't know why he had...
        Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X