Musky and pike Flies

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Musky and pike Flies

Tied me up some articulated flies to try. Used e.p. fibers on both and a 6/0 hook.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	7D1B8D56-7B53-4E2C-9043-8F8A443B615C.jpeg
Views:	194
Size:	41.3 KB
ID:	700351

I came into a marina and a woman had a bandaged hand. Asked and she said a musky bit her when she was washing her hand. "Must have been my diamond ring" - got any diamonds.

Comment

Their not afraid of you. I’ve had them swimming right by my legs as I was wading. One I caught I didn’t grab it right and yes it ripped my thumb right open.

Comment

Nicely done Solitario , keep us posted on how they work for you. Very impressive work!

Comment

Nice job! I haven't done a lot of fly fishing for muskies and pike, but I caught a few, a hundred years or so ago, on homemade streamers. Good luck with them.

Comment

Must have been my diamond r Lucky Patcher Kodi noxing" - got any diamonds.
            Last edited by ADYLATYSA; 05-05-2020, 08:41 PM.

Comment

I have caught tiger muskie on a regular worm harness/ silver spinners, with a night crawler. Troll by the edge of a weed bed and they would come out and attack. 30 to 35" babies.

My best success for northerns was always a red/white dare devil. Troll right behind boat in prop wash.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to Am I Wrong ?
                by fitch270
                Jimbo, I hope if you’re ever out on your boat that you never hear someone call out “help I’m drowning”....
                Today, 08:06 AM
              • Am I Wrong ?
                by jhjimbo
                IF you can not breathe, you can not say 'I Can Not Breathe'....
                Yesterday, 09:58 PM
              • Reply to Am I Wrong ?
                by 99explorer
                For once I agree with PigHunter and Bubba, except that I think the kneeling cop intended to do Floyd harm, or was completely indifferent to his suffering....
                Today, 07:49 AM
              • Reply to What is the answer
                by jhjimbo
                Rat, with your system do you have to fill out a application each year, OR does the ballot come to you automatically ? Automatic ballots are fraught with...
                Today, 06:08 AM
              • What is the answer
                by jhjimbo
                The conservatives continue to state mail in ballots are fraught with fraud. IF so, what is a way they can be validated or thrown out ? Some say it is...
                07-05-2020, 06:46 AM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X