Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I am heading to the east side of the central Washington Cascades to do a little trout fishing next week. Anyone have suggestion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am heading to the east side of the central Washington Cascades to do a little trout fishing next week. Anyone have suggestion

I am heading to the east side of the central Washington Cascades to do a little trout fishing next week. Anyone have suggestions for good fly patterns to use over there this time of year? Thanks~

Don't know about over there, but was around some high mountain lakes and streams last weekend in North Central Idaho, and the trout were eating grasshoppers...we didn't have any poles(archery hunting), but were having fun tossing hoppers out onto the water to watch the fish strike....you might try a grass hopper pattern.....

Comment

I wish I could help you but I live in Ohio. I'm just positng to wish you good luck.

Comment

I'm on the west side of the southern Washington Cascades, but we have a ton of grasshoppers and dragonflies right now, and I'll bet the trout are loving them.

Comment

Thanks fellas... I have a lot of various hopper patterns in the fly caddy... I was thinking of trying some black gnats, and nymph patterns as well. If I catch anything worth sharing I will post a pic or two.
          Regards~

Comment

I should have mentioned I always do good with black ant patterns in the mountain lakes as well.....

Comment

I would definitely recommend some sofa pillows in yellow and orange, maybe some rubberleg Kaufmann stimis in the same. I had some really good success in that same area a few years back. Just curious, what river(s)?

Comment

We are headed to the Naches, American and Bumping rivers...Bumping Lake as well. Never been there before. I was on fires out of Naches a few miles, but not up the rivers...thanks for the advice, I will add some of the patterns to my supplies~ Regards

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad