Top Ad

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hey all you steelheaders, I am going to buy a "Spey" rod and I have no idea what the LINE setups are, any help?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hey all you steelheaders, I am going to buy a "Spey" rod and I have no idea what the LINE setups are, any help?

Hey all you steelheaders, I am going to buy a "Spey" rod and I have no idea what the LINE setups are, any help?

Go with a G Loomis or a Sage!!

Comment

It depends on the type of fishing you plan to do, and you will be FAR better off buying your rod from a local fly shop and adding the line they, or the rod manufacturer, recommend as a combination.
      For steelhead, a lot of folks now prefer a Compact Skagit-type rig; a short shooting head ahead of a slick, small running line. But manufacturers' nomenclature varies and once again you're better off getting advice direct from an expert, not us online typists who know nothing about your circumstances.

Comment

Welcome!

Collapse

Welcome to Field and Streams's Answers section. Here you will find hunting, fishing, and survival tips from the editors of Field and Stream, as well as recommendations from readers like yourself.

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ for information on posting and navigating the forums.

And don't forget to check out the latest reviews on guns and outdoor gear on fieldandstream.com.

Right Rail 1

Collapse

Top Active Users

Collapse

There are no top active users.

Right Rail 2

Collapse

Latest Topics

Collapse

• Reply to How do you fly ?
        by PigHunter
        Like most everyone else, I buy a scope to feel a need. Only a few times have I taken advantage of a sale.

The Leupold VX3i on my .308 is...
        Today, 06:44 PM
      • How do you fly ?
        by jhjimbo
        Do you buy a scope when it is on deep discount, then look for the perfect rifle to put it on ? Or, you have the rifle and it needs glass, justkeep looking...
        Today, 04:18 PM
      • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
        by PigHunter
        Bubba, I've been curious too. This is our first and so far I like it during dry fire. We're going to see how it is at the range in a few days....
        Today, 06:35 PM
      • Handgun Laser Sights
        by PigHunter
        On 7/19, Milldawg mentioned he'd ordered a laser sight for his wife's Ruger LCP 380 and they were on sale at MidwayUSA. Well, that inspired me to order...
        08-03-2020, 11:20 AM
      • Reply to Handgun Laser Sights
        by PigHunter
        Good question. The old style Ruger LC9 has a very long trigger pull that's similar to that of a double action only revolver. I think it would be unlikely...
        Today, 06:32 PM

Right Rail 3

Collapse

Footer Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X